Support Our Programs
Give your dollars, time, or excess product. Give it back or pay it forward with these opportunities to support good work in our community and beyond. Review our Extension team impacts and community partners on our About Us page and explore more connections on the Community Food Systems page.
Support Our Team
Support the work of the UF/IFAS Extension Small Farms Program or sponsor a farmer’s registration fee. Your partnership will help make it happen and contribute to the long term sustainability of the program!
Contribute directly through the University Foundation website, Fund # 000067.
Please state: attn. Small Farms Program
Rather send a check? Please send contributions to:
UF/IFAS Horticultural Sciences Department
1243 Fifield Hall
PO Box 110690
Gainesville FL, 32611
Please be sure to include Fund Code 000067 and Small Farms Program in the memo. If you would like to contribute to a specific effort, such as equipment or professional development, please include a reference in the memo.
Thanks for thinking of us!
Impact the greater food system by contributing to these organizations.
Give: Money, Time, Excess product
Have harvestable fruit or other products? Complete the circle by connecting with these organizations to pass it on to those in need.
- FDACS Food Recovery and other programs - https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Food-Nutrition-and-Wellness/Bureaus-and-Sections/Bureau-of-Food-Distribution
- Society of St. Andrew - http://endhunger.org/
Connect with your local food bank:
- Feeding Florida-Food Bank Network - https://www.feedingflorida.org/
- Farmers Feeding Florida - https://www.feedingflorida.org/food-access/farmers-feeding-florida
Give your time:
Connect with these organizations to lend your time to support food system connections.
- Florida Food Policy Council - https://flfpc.org/
- Contact your local Extension offices for opportunities to contribute your time and talents to local programming - http://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/find-your-local-office/
Consider hosting an intern or hosting a traveler interested in practical farm experience.
- Wwoofers - https://wwoofinternational.org/
- Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships - https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/internships/
- National Young Farmers Coalition - http://www.youngfarmers.org/land-and-jobs/
These organizations work to impact the global food system.
- UF/IFAS Institute for Sustainable Food Systems - http://isfs.institute.ifas.ufl.edu/
- USAID - https://www.usaid.gov/
- Winrock International - https://www.winrock.org/
- Heifer International - https://www.heifer.org/
Tips on due diligence in selecting charities.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Consumer-Resources/Charities/Charities
- IRS - https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/contributors
- Better Business Bureau - https://www.bbb.org/en/us